Sider

onsdag 30. mai 2012

Altered Youghurt Containers

One of my favourite snacks is Turkish or Greek Youghurt sprinkled with honey, nut and dried fruits. Have you ever tried it? It's so yummie and I love the thick texture of this youghurt, not like the thinner one we usually eat around here.These youghurts come in cute little buckets/containers.

Earlier this month DS9 was going to a birthday party to two of the girls in his class. It's quite common around her to invite the entire class, both boys and girls, but it's usally low cost parties with simple servings, and no huge themed parties, so you will not get ruined as long as you can provide the kids with some food and cakes.




On top of this girls wish list was cash. But it's soooo boring to just stuff the money in envelopes, so I decided to make some altered buckets to hide the money in. The youghurt containers were perfect for this purpose. MyScrapbookBook May Kit had lots of cute pink papers in it, and some pink trim, and as I normally don't scrap with pink, these items would fit my idea perfectly.

I added some flowers and more ribbons from my own stash and made these buckets in less than half an hour.




These buckets were a great succes to the girls (and their mums), so I'm happy I took the effort on making them. altered containers like this would be very suitable for boys, too, if in other colors, so I have collected a few more containers to alter for upcoming birthdays.

If you give money as gifts, how do you wrap them?

6 kommentarer:

Christin aka Umenorskan sa...

KJempefin gaveide.

Anabelle O'Malley sa...

These are adorable!!!! Great idea. I also LOVE greek yogurt. :)

Bente Fagerberg sa...

Dette må da väre verdens fineste *sparebösser*. En sånn god ide! Takk for inspirasjonene!!

Stacey Michaud sa...

what an adorable idea!!!

Kate Vickers sa...

Those are so cute!

Leah sa...

What a great idea! Also a fantastic way to use up all those bits that sometimes don't suit our scrapping styles!