Sider

søndag 11. mars 2012

Me, myself & I

I have been busy for a while and haven't payed much attention to challenges out in the cyber world for a while. But suddenly life got calmer, I have a mojo overload and all assignments are done, so when I spotted the march 1th challenge at Once Upon A Sketch, I wanted to do it.

The Journalling Criteria/Theme this time: All About Me!

The focus of your journalling and the theme of your layout has to be based on YOU and something/s that you are really good at. Don't be shy! We are all good at something as small or as big as it might be.


As you may know, I work as an engineer at construction sites. Believe me, there aren't many women in the business! No problem really, most of the men are great guys and I like the way they think and talk - stright forward. I imagine they don't see me as a woman either, but as a good co worker (even if I usualy wear a dress or skirt on Fridays, just to celebrate the difference *lol*).



I flipped the sketch, but still kept quite close to the original.

Patterned papers from MME The Bright Side Collection, the rest from here and there

The journaling goes like this: "I like to imagine I'm good at using both parts of myself: the masculine engineer part and the feminin girly part. And I chose to believe all people in my suroundings, both at home and at work, benefit on knowing both those parts".

The photo is taken on one of our construction sites where we are building a new highway.

This winter I split between beeing on site and working with QA and Safety for our head office. My new office is so empty and need some decorations, so I want to frame this layout and bring it there to add some color to the room. A while back we did a photo swap at MyScrapbookNook, and Pysselpetra scrapped the same photo for me (you can see her layout here). I'll keep her layout in my album and will take mine out of our house.

Some close up shots of my layout:








Thank you for taking your time to stop by!





20 kommentarer:

pysselpetra sa...

Härlig layout - perfekt inramning och snygga detaljer med små roliga inslag - men så är det också ett fantastiskt kort att scrappa ;)

Marinette-Scraptherapie sa...

Hannnn j'adore!!! Love this background paper and the design of your page! Fantastic!

Lilith Eeckels sa...

FABULOUS page!! Love all the little details and I think it's great you scrap about yourself! I should do as well.

Christin aka Umenorskan sa...

Masse kule detaljer og bra du har tid til å scrappe om deg selv og ikke minst en utfordring.

Alex sa...

Denna är så glad och så härlig! Älskar alla små roliga detaljer och din journaling! Helt enkelt underbar!

Unknown sa...

I TOTALLY love this page - I have this orange paper that I really want to use and just don't know what to do with it - you ROCKED it!
I also used to be an engineer on a fabrication site for oil rigs so I can really relate.

Vicky Varvadouka sa...

Oh I love these papers and you have used them so beautifully!!!Thanks for sharing it with us at OUAS!

GIna sa...

just love this layout Hilde! great design! :) :)

Mitralee sa...

I spotted a hard hat to had to take a quick peek at your page. I work for an engineering firm as a Project Manager, not much time for field work, but talk to designers all the time...and I scrap to get some of those terms out of my brain and keep the girl strong!

pruts sa...

what a great page. such lovely colors. it's great that you scrap about yourself !!!

Lene sa...

Denne var utrolig herlig ! Elsker historien din og syns fargevalget ditt er heeerlig !!!

Takk for at du leker med oss i OUAS!

pinkalishious sa...

you rock boys pages & your colours ere are fab too xx

phamil sa...

I love your color choice and what a great page this is! Thank you so much for taking part in this challenge at OUASS!

Pamela sa...

This is absolutely fabulous!!! I love it!!! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS! :)

Unknown sa...

Awesome layout! Love your take on the sketch!
Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS!
~Gerry~

Irini sa...

Just gorgeous!...I love the details!!
Thank so much for playing along with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!
hugz
irini

Zarah sa...

Jättetuff layout! Snygg mix av maskulint och feminint. :D

sandi sa...

Oh this is fabulous! I really like the entire look of this! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

Jeni O'Connor sa...

Great pic and journalling, and fabulous page Hilde. Thanks for joining in at OUAS.

Unknown sa...

amazing page!! love those tones!